Monday, January 4, 2010

Time for New Begennings...

I spent New Years Eve spraying silly string on the kids at Skates Alive while we dropped balloons on them. Good money for doing it, but not how I wanted to bring in the new year. I wish Jessica could have been there and we have a small party in her garage and wait to kiss at midnight. Maybe next year though. Even though I was at work I had to take a moment to think about what was really happening. My last full year living here was coming to an end. I'm a senior, which means I'm entering the last few months of high school, and not long afterwards will be moving, hopefully to Lexington and UK.

2009 was a pretty good year for the most part. I spent it with great friends, played some good music, and got to date an amazing girl. I was layed off of work over summer and lived off of $20 a week from Papa for cutting grass until I was rehired. I ended my Junior year and embarked on my final leg of school here at Apollo.

I spent most of my time away from home, usually at Jessica's house or somewhere else, and stated feeling kinda bad for never being around the house. Its one thing I hope to fix in the new year before graduation hits. I've been trying to fix that with taco mondays and soon will be adding another day for Lost and/or board games at home, and try to have more band practices.

Speaking of which, bands have tossed and turned a bit. I quite one band and quickly formed another. A month or so later we finally got the chance to start practices. We played a gig in Tennessee without our drummer and things did not go so well for that show, but it was still a blast. After that a periode of no practices, and recently and explosion of attempting to learn new songs. Timmy and I have been very successfull, but everyone else works more hours than us and its hard to have full practices. We will have that worked out before long though. Another thing to look at fixing for the new year.

I decided what i'm going to do with my life this year. After some tweeking to the plan, I've decided to go to UK and take part in the Air Force ROTC while studying there. Once I graduate I will join the Air Force, haveing experience at college level ROTC to give me better rank and pay early on, and a better chance at whichever job I decide to aim for in the military.

Its been a big year, and hopefully will build up a strong platform for an even better New Year.

1 comment:

  1. Truly neat reflections and goals for the future, Kyle!

    ReplyDelete