Sunday, January 31, 2010

Punk Rock

My definition of Punk Rock includes bands like Blink 182, Green Day, Sum 41, and early Good Charlotte. This is the music that is upbeat, best played loud, and energetic. Everytime I listen to it it energizes and inspires me. It makes me think of that perfect day at home during the spring when I've just broke out my shorts and put up the jeans. The day when I've been in such a good mood and finished all my chores by 11 or 12 and am ready to grab my instrument and rock out or go and do some great and fun thing with my friends.

Lately I've been going through a big punk phase especially with the discovery of Good Charlottes early stuff like The Little Things and Waldorf Worldwide. This is the kind of music I want to be up on stage playing. It is definitly the genre that defines me. I love alternative rock and metal and bipolar art rock, but punk is the best.

Funny thing is, most punk songs and bands are much more....anarchists than I am. Green Day and Sum 41 have a lot of songs going against the government and religion, but I'm the good kid who stays inside the lines and started going to church twice a week. Guess thats why some of my favorite songs are the ones that just deal with life and having fun like Motivation Proclaimation by Good Charlotte and Fat Lip by Sum 41.

"Listen up now cuz it ain't nothin funny,
I want a hot girl and a little bit of monney,
I want a little house were my band can live
cuz we're tired of moving every other weekend
I want to go to parties where they got no guns
I want to rock with my band, want to have a little fun
We're thugs and punks and any other type can sing this song
and we'll sing it all night.

Waldorf Worldwide - Good Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment