Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring Break

Its been a good while since I have last blogged, so its time for an update. Shortly after my last blog (by the way my dad ended up taking part of the steering wheel apart and wiggling a few things around to fix the problem) Spring Break kicked off. For the first weekend of the break Jessica's parents were out of town to visit her little sister in Pheonix, Arizona who just had a baby. They had her other little sister Sara dropped off with some relatives for the weekend. It was also Easter weekend. We spent a lot of the money we had on gifts for a couple of her cousins and the gas to get out there and back.

The fun part was that since her house was empty I would pick her up in the morning and we would hang out at my house or be out doing some arrand all day until I had to drop her back off at her house to sleep. When her parents came back, they wanted some quality time with her for a few days, but then became more linient on her going to do things with friends during her last spring break as a high school student.

Cam got us a good deal on lazer tag at the Ozone, so we scrounged up some money (and had to borrow some from parents since my last few paychecks have only been about $20 a piece) and went. It was the first time I had been and it was completely awsome. It was a large 2 story room witha lot of blacklights and people running around shooting each other. In total I believe there were 10 of us playing for about an hour, and I definitly plan to go again as soon as I can afford it. It was the most fun I've had in a long time.

A few day later we finally were able to do something I'd wanted to do since Spring Breaks started, take Jessica for a picnic at Panther Creek Park. We backed a picnic basket and grabed some chalk and spent a day by the lake enjoying the weather. The next day we were lucky enough to go again for another picnic and invited Timmy, Cam, and Logan to go with us before Sunday night church.

It was a pretty good Sping Break, and I'm glad I had as much fun as I did on my last one. I learned how to play Rummy, and now whenever we all hang out at my house for Taco Monday or any other occasion we break out the deck and play for a while. We got to spend a lot of time over at my house which was nice since I feel bad for not being home often latley. Although I am sure we got on my parents nerves ever so often for staying up late, I'm sure they liked having us all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment