Tuesday, December 15, 2009

P.S.I. songs

P.S.I. is the current unofficial name for my band, and here is a list of songs we know, or hope to learn very soon.

Unholy Confessions - Avenged Sevenfold
Monster - Skillet
Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
What I've Done - Linkin Park
Everlong - Foo Fighters
Twist and Shout - The Beetles
The Last Night - Skillet
Bring Me to Life - Evanescence

We also have a few bands that we will pick a song to cover.

Anberlin - Paperthin Hymn or Feel Good Drag
Paramore - That's What You Get or Born for This or Decode
Flyleaf - Beautiful Bride or I'm So Sick or a number of other possibilities
All-American Rejects - Move Along or Dirty Little Secret or Another Heart Calls
Green Day - American Idiot or Holiday or Boulevard of Broken Dreams or (most probable) 21 Guns.

We also have 4 original songs nearing completion. Ideas 1-3 (3 needs a new ending) and one with a working title called The Hey Song that needs tweaking.

I'd also personally would like to learn The Rock Show by Blink 182, and a Sum 41 song as well as a song for Jessica, probably a Blue October song or some other favorite of hers like Hey Soul Sister that would be simple enough to learn. On another side note I had a chance to hear our new singer singing Nine in the Afternoon by PANIC! at the Disco on Rock Band the other day and was impressed, so I may look into it as a possibility. Heck, if she can do the sreams in Unholy Confessions well, and we feel like getting some more metal, Michael and I might bring up What's Your HTML Dude? (HTML Rulz D00d and Hey, John, What's Your Name Again? by The Devil Wears Prada) for a cover. Not my kind of music, but soooo much fun to play when you know it.

We hope to get practices going again very soon since Christmas break is comming up. We may practice this friday afternoon, and likley as often as possible over the break. Hopefully Camielle will be able to come and we can decide which songs to focus on and help her to learn the songs we already know. If possible, I might teach Jessica a piano part in The Last Night by Skillet. It could be exciting if she could play with us. To bad I don't have a keytar for her though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment