Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Vet

My Papa served for many years in the Navy Reserve when he was young. He married my grandmother just out of high school when he joined up, and the two of them were able to travel and see amazing things. They brought back suveneirs from different countries including plates, class figurines, and other things.

The truth is, even though my Papa is one of the people I look up to the most in my life as a hero, I never even knew that he had served until recently. It is because of him I began to consider joining the Air Force. He has lived an amazing life, and helps me in mine all the time. I will never forget when I used to spend the night at his house every weekend when I was a kid, and all of the things he helped me learn. Even now he helps me and supports me in life.

In this simple blog, I want to thank him not only for serving, but for the countless things he has done for me thoughout my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment