Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Implosion and Coffee

I set my alarm clock for 4:45 on Sunday morning so that Jessica, Timmy, Nathan, and I could go down to see The Big E for the last time. We woke up so early because we heard that 10,000 people would show up, and we wanted to be able to see, but when we got there a little after 6:00, there were only a handfull of people in site. Later on more and more showed up and there was a good crowed. The implosion was fun to watch because the elevator shaft survived the blast well.

Afterwords, we walked down to a coffee shop around the corner because they had a deal on there drinks that day. Even though none of us like coffee or anything like that, I found some interesting Jones Soda flavors, and met someone to make it worth while. A woman I hadn't met before stopped me and said she was next to me on the roof of the parking garage during the implosion, and heard that I was in a band. She said that the coffee house did open mic nights and shows, and they were looking for bands. She gave me her email address, and last night I emailed her more about the band, so hopefully there is another show in the near future for us. We are having practice today, and maybe going over acoustic songs we might learn for the show.

1 comment: