Sunday, February 28, 2010

Stress

Timmy has always been a little bit of a rebel, and so has Camille. They have done a few things that Jessica and I have found questionable, and we let them know that we think they should think more about the consiquences of what they do when they pretend to be snowed in places. Recently Timmy skipped work and his parents found out. Timmy's rebelious side led him to run away from home to prove a point that he thinks he should be independent and able to do whatever he wants. However, Jessica and I needed to make sure he understood that his parents were still paying for most of his insurance, not charging him rent for where he sleeps, and numerous other things. He took it way to far. His father drove all the way to Hawsville looking for him, taking away from the few precious hours of sleep he had before going into work 4th or 5th shift.

I was so mad at him, and so was Jessica. It felt like he had just completely changed from who I knew, and I was seeing him in a different light. His parents tracked him down at school the next day, and after a discussion with them he was actually let of easy (how I do not know). He then called Jessica to ask if he could come over to Taco Monday (when Jessica and I go to my house to eat tacos made by my Mom and watch Lost, our favorite show), but Jessica told him no, and that he wasn't allowed over. We weren't going to reward him for what he did. We kinda ended up grounding him ourselves. After a few days of tension, and he apologizing to us, Jessica had a talk with him to really make him understand how wrong it was, and everyone was able to forgive each other. He promises to understand that things like that hurt us too, and I'm glad to have my friend back, and things back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment