Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bellevue Baptist

I've been going to Bellevue Baptist ever since Michael invited me to youth about 2 years ago or so. In that time its become my church. I was not brought up going to any church escept for once or twice a year around Christmas or Easter, but always counted myself as a Christian because I believed. Going to church has truley spiritually developed me in leaps and bounds over the years. I went from knowing maybe just one or two stories to understanding more about God.

Recently Michael struggled with faith, but re-surrendered to Christ, and afterwards I decided to finally sit down and talk to Pastor Greg about my Papa's death a few weeks ago. We ended up talking alot about stuff, including the possibility of me fully becomeing an official member of the church through believers baptism in the future.

As far as the youth goes, When I started attending the youth leader was Terre Jasper. She was pretty great, and always tried hard to make us want to come closer to Christ. However she was given a job offer at another church some time after we moved into the new building. Thus, Jrod was hired. At first I was unsure about him, but he has done some amazing new things with the youth. He gives such great stories, and likes to experiment with more than just a lesson and some music by incorperating new ideas, games, videos, etc into it all. This helps me get a lot more out of it because it seems more personal.

Today was a pretty great day. Everyone is friends again, and although Jessica and Camille both felt a little under the weather, they felt better later on in the day and we all had a good time. I finished my catepult for 3D-art, and the lesson was great during night church. We talked about how simply saying hello to a new person can make a big difference.

The church as been encouraging everybody to go see a new movie out in theaters called "To Save a Life" about a teenager who's old friend takes his own life, and how the event impacts him to not ignore people who others deem "uncool" an tries to save people with the help of a youth minister. My Sunday School teacher decided to treat everyone in my class by inviting us to his house after school Tuesday to hang out and have pizza and then go see the movie. I'm really looking forward to it. I've heard so many things about how great and inspirational the movie is. It seems to have even helped Michael make his decision last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment