Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Band

My band with my friends Michael, Timmy and Logan is begening to go somewhere finally. We've spent a few practices goofing around with a cover or two, but with the recent realization that if we get down to it, write some stuff and learn some songs we could have a gig next month, we have buckled down and started to focus more. I know I can do it, and Timmy and Logan have said they can too, but I only hope Michael doesn't have a marching band competition that day.

Last night my girlfriend (who is helping us by writing lyrics and acting as band manager) wrote song lyrics based off of an old song from an old band I was in, and wrote a new one, along with a few others just from scratch. Then we invited Timmy over and we wrote an intire song in about an hour or so to go with the first lyrics. All that is left is to tweack a few parts and write it out.

We also have 2 other songs in the making, and more lyrics pumping out. We are discussing covers to learn for the gig (so far Monster by Skillet and Everlong by Foo Fighters are for sure). Now if we can just decide on a name we'll be doing really good :P Michael came up with one that had something about Eternity in it, and Timmy and I were talking last night about band names like Green Day and Blue October and August Burns Red and came up with Black Friday, but we'll see.

1 comment: